Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Today I am so excited to be linking up with Covered in Glitter and Glue for the What I'm Loving Wednesday Linky.  When I went to the Eric Jensen conference a few years ago, he talked about how he thinks optimism is learned.  This was a revelation for me, because I tend to worry about everything and lean on the negative side.  One of the best ways we can become more positive and optimistic people is to reflect on the things that we are thankful for, things we are looking forward to, basically things we love.  This linky is perfect for that!

1. Today, I am loving my new computer.  I posted about it the other night, but I am just so happy that I can blog, create, plan, etc. at home!  It is making such a difference, and it is still summer.  I can only imagine how I'll feel about it once school has started and I'm planning lessons, entering grades, and creating new products all at once. 

2. I am loving this scarf that my daughter is knitting.  She is taking a knitting class every afternoon this week.  (I might be loving that 2 1/2 hours of uninterrupted shopping/reading/web-browsing time too.)  She is picking it up pretty quickly, and learning her knit and purl stitches.  Now,  I just gotta get her to teach me how to switch back and forth.  :)


 3. I am loving that I FINALLY got a handle on this disaster:
I know, I know...what the heck is all that?  This was all my wrapping paper, tissue paper, bows, ribbons, boxes, gift bags, etc.  It used to live in that giant plastic Dillards bag in the background.  Sad, I know, but true.  Now I bought a cutie patootie container from Marshall's, and it looks like this:
A.Ma.Zing.  Am I right?  I'm totally getting another one of those containers to tame the trunk of my car of all its travel games, reusable shopping bags, flashlight, etc.  :)

4. I am loving my old letter press block letters that spell TEACH.  Aren't they precious?  It's my new Facebook cover photo.  Swoon...


5. Last I am loving this set of digital papers that I created yesterday.  They contain several of my favorite elements in one: monochromatic, textured, and polka dotted.  I'm in love.  Now, it is my first attempt at making digital papers, so I am offering them for free in my TpT store.  You heard me...they are FREE!  10 12x12 digital backgrounds for personal or commercial use.  I am just asking for you to try them out and please, please, please provide me with feedback, so I can see if I need to tweak my process at all before I put up more sets of papers.  I hope you love them as much as I do.  Just click on the picture below to download. 
 

I can't wait to read all about the things people are loving this week.  You can read more What I'm Loving Wednesday posts too...just click on the icon at the top of this post!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Wallis! The papers you created are so pretty! I just found your blog, I’m your newest follower!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I'm so glad you like them. I will be your newest follower when my computer stops acting up...ugh. I hate it when Blogger tells me there is an error. I love that you were a research scientist. When I first went to college I wanted to become a geneticist...it's so fascinating. Your blog is really inspiring, and science is my favorite thing to teach. I know your blog will be an inspiration to me this year!

      Delete
  2. The polka dot papers are adorable! I am a sucker for anything polka dotty. That's so nice of you to offer them for free too!

    That wrapping paper container is very cute- I love me some organization!

    I really appreciate you sharing that thought about positivity. I am definitely a worrier and tend to lean on the negative/sarcastic side too, so this linky is definitely a way to point out the positives.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Jessica
    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I am so glad that you think they are cute. I really love polka dots. Thanks again for the linky...so fun!

      Delete